Monday, April 30, 2012

Authenticity vs. Inauthenticity

Does it ever bother you when you know someone is being fake or inauthentic toward you or others or in their relationship with God? I know it bothers me, especially when I see those I care about being inauthentic towards others or in their relationship with God. Back when I was in my small group called Nui Ohana someone gave me this framed letter from God. The person was anonymous and to this day I do not know who personalized these and framed them. It's called the "Father's Love Letter." In the letter it describes the cry of the Father's heart from Genesis to Revelation for us. I think some people could look at it and read and not think too much of it. I believe we often take for granted the love God has for us and we do not walk in what and who He has called us to be. I know that I am guilty of this, more so in my past. One of things that I've learned over the past several months is God's love for His people and especially for myself. Sometimes it's hard to come to grips with the love that God has for me. It's hard to receive it, I'm scared of it. I'm scared of God's love sometimes...Before I go deeper into this I want to actually share what is in the Father's Love letter. Here it is:


You may not know me, 
but I know everything about you. 
Psalm 139:1

I know when you sit down and when you rise up. 
Psalm 139:2

I am familiar with all your ways. 
Psalm 139:3

Even the very hairs on your head are numbered. 
Matthew 10:29-31

For you were made in my image. 
Genesis 1:27

In me you live and move and have your being.
Acts 17:28

For you are my offspring. 
Acts 17:28

I knew you even before you were conceived. 
Jeremiah 1:4-5

I chose you when I planned creation. 
Ephesians 1:11-12

You were not a mistake, 
for all your days are written in my book. 
Psalm 139:15-16

I determined the exact time of your birth 
and where you would live. 
Acts 17:26

You are fearfully and wonderfully made. 
Psalm 139:14

I knit you together in your mother's womb. 
Psalm 139:13

And brought you forth on the day you were born. 
Psalm 71:6

I have been misrepresented 
by those who don't know me.
John 8:41-44

I am not distant and angry, 
but am the complete expression of love. 
1 John 4:16

And it is my desire to lavish my love on you. 
1 John 3:1

Simply because you are my child 
and I am your Father. 
1 John 3:1

I offer you more than your earthly father ever could. 
Matthew 7:11

For I am the perfect father. 
Matthew 5:48

Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand. 
James 1:17

For I am your provider and I meet all your needs. 
Matthew 6:31-33

My plan for your future has always been filled with hope. 
Jeremiah 29:11

Because I love you with an everlasting love. 
Jeremiah 31:3

My thoughts toward you are countless 
as the sand on the seashore.
Psalms 139:17-18

And I rejoice over you with singing. 
Zephaniah 3:17

I will never stop doing good to you. 
Jeremiah 32:40

For you are my treasured possession. 
Exodus 19:5

I desire to establish you
with all my heart and all my soul. 
Jeremiah 32:41

And I want to show you great and marvelous things. 
Jeremiah 33:3

If you seek me with all your heart, 
you will find me. 
Deuteronomy 4:29

Delight in me and I will give you 
the desires of your heart. 
Psalm 37:4

For it is I who gave you those desires. 
Philippians 2:13

I am able to do more for you 
than you could possibly imagine. 
Ephesians 3:20

For I am your greatest encourager. 
2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

I am also the Father who comforts you 
in all your troubles. 
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

When you are brokenhearted, 
I am close to you. 
Psalm 34:18

As a shepherd carries a lamb, 
I have carried you close to my heart. 
Isaiah 40:11

One day I will wipe away 
every tear from your eyes. 
Revelation 21:3-4

And I'll take away all the pain 
you have suffered on this earth.
Revelation 21:3-4

I am your Father, and I love you 
even as I love my son, Jesus.
John 17:23

For in Jesus, my love for you is revealed. 
John 17:26

He is the exact representation of my being. 
Hebrews 1:3

He came to demonstrate that I am for you, 
not against you. 
Romans 8:31

And to tell you that I am not counting your sins.
2 Corinthians 5:18-19

Jesus died so that you and I could be reconciled. 
2 Corinthians 5:18-19

His death was the ultimate expression 
of my love for you. 
1 John 4:10

I gave up everything I loved
that I might gain your love. 
Romans 8:31-32

If you receive the gift of my son Jesus, 
you receive me. 
1 John 2:23

And nothing will ever separate you 
from my love again.
Romans 8:38-39

Come home and I'll throw the biggest party 
heaven has ever seen.
Luke 15:7

I have always been Father, 
and will always be Father.
Ephesians 3:14-15

My question is…
Will you be my child? 
John 1:12-13

I am waiting for you. 
Luke 15:11-32

Love, Your Dad
Almighty God




As I am reading this with tears down my face, the reality of God's love is overwhelming. Listen to this, JESUS DIED SO THAT GOD AND US, YOU AND GOD, COULD BE RECONCILED. Our Daddy, the father, wants to be in relationship with us. That was THE whole point to God sending down His son to die for us and our sins so that we may be made pure, justified, and sanctified and could walk in the righteousness of our Lord. Part of doing that is walking in the spirit. Jesus sent us a helper! The Holy Spirit! He is so amazing! Our God, the father loves us! And He is just waiting for us to let Him! When we do not allow God to love us and define who we are when we have received Christ, we are being INAUTHENTIC. When we act in sin, we are being INAUTHENTIC. When we do not love others, we are being INAUTHENTIC. When we do not believe, we are being INAUTHENTIC. When we are not walking in the calling God has on our lives, we are being INAUTHENTIC. When we hide in shame, guilt, and/or fear, we are being INAUTHENTIC. When we worry constantly and don't trust the Father, we are being INAUTHENTIC. This is what Jesus died for; for us be able to be authentic in our relationship with God the Father and to operate out of the truth through the Holy Spirit because of Jesus' death! This is AHMAZING! There is such a focus these days on being real and legit, but we are not engaging in the truth that God has revealed to us for us to be able to say we are being real, legit, authentic. Listen to what the Father says in the letter. Look at each verse and take it for its true value, weight, and worth. God wants to lavish on us! He wants to throw us the biggest party ever! I mean think of the best party you have ever went to...I bet millions, that the party Jesus throws is going to be billions times better than that. Think about too what it means to be loved. What does that feel like? I think I can say I know what it's like to feel loved. It feels good, amazing, it's indescribable! When you get a taste of it, you want to hold onto it forever...even loving someone. Think of when you have loved someone...what if that person did not love you back? That hurts, it's painful. There have been times in my life where I have screamed, "God, I just want to be able to love this person and they won't let me!" Then I heard God say, "I know how you feel." It pains the Lord to not be able to love and bless you and make you feel like you're in heaven with Him right now! He wants to blow your mind. He wants to love you til the ends of the earth!! And most of us say, "No thanks, God." Talk about being rejected. Thankfully God can take this.  His love is so great and He is so perfect...His love is perfect. This is the truth of the Lord. God is good. He has made you good. When you die to yourself (put down the flesh) and receive His son Jesus, God transforms you! He makes you into a new creation. He has opened the prison door! He has made you pure. He has made you new. He has qualified you. He has justified you. He has sanctified you. He has made you righteous! But we don't believe it. So we sit in our jail cells continuing to agree with Satan that we suck, that we are a hopeless case, that we can't break free from the bondage of sin, that we aren't forgiven, that we can't really walk in the Freedom and fullness of God, that we are not pure, that we need to have control, that we are illegitimate, that we don't have the ability or the power to bring God's kingdom, that we aren't special or anointed, that what we experience isn't really real (it's just a delusion), that we are bitter and there's nothing to be done about it, that you can never conquer your addictions, that we are not His...This pains me and it pains God. When we do this, we are being INAUTHENTIC and we are not walking in the truth that sets us free. This is what Jesus DIED for: For us to have a great relationship with the Lord like He does! We have access to the father (and His power) because of Jesus! Believe that you are loved, believe that what the word says about you is really what the words says! God wants to lavish His love upon you! Don't be scared. Engage with God and learn what it really means to be authentic in your relationship with God and in your relationship with others. God loves you, He wants to spend time with you, and He wants to bless you! All you have to do is take a risk. Open your heart. Invite the Holy Spirit to take you on an adventure with God! And let God love and bless you (which is practically the same thing)! Come to Him, He is just waiting to love you and tell you how much He does! Now read the letter again and soak in the truth and love that God wants to reveal to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment